15" Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by colonelradec, Jun 30, 2012.

1. colonelradec macrumors newbie

Guys I'm studying Aerospace Engineering. I need a computer that I can use some AutoCat stuff on it and i will use it as my main computer.. Is it good for me ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You could just as easily use a non-retina MBP. Either should be able to easily handle AutoCAD... and perhaps AutoCat, as well.

3. colonelradec thread starter macrumors newbie

I think retina display is amazing.I want retina display cause of this.Thanks for the answer.

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

there is no retina version of autocad. good luck waiting for an update from autodesk for anything mac.

5. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

I'm no AutoCAD expert, but I'd probably stick with a "standard" MBP for that application right now. These things are beasts in their own right -- and it's not like the "regular" screens stink!

6. The-Pro macrumors 65816

I'd say get the high-end 15" with the hi-res screen option. Its got the same power and doesn't have to power such a high resolution retina screen, which by the recent article creates problems.

7. TheHound macrumors newbie

If your software uses the GPU at all, you may want to steer clear since the GPU is maxed out due to having to scale everything.