15" rMBP and Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by renosausage, May 30, 2013.

1. renosausage macrumors regular

All I have to say is that I am 1000 times morei n love with my rMBP now that I have Windows 8 and Battlefield 3 installed.

The game was only $20!!!!

I currently have the game running on high setting at 1440 by 900

I get around 35 fps

If I;m playing multiplayer i usually drop the settings to medium and get 50+ fps.

I wish this computer could push 2880 by 1800 and Ultra Settings, but then again its not a gaming rig.

The point is, I love using OSX for all my schoolwork. I think the OS is so much better than Windows 8.

But knowing I can reboot in 30 seconds and play BF3 is just purely amazing to me.

The rMBP really has it all.

Power, Portability, Battery Life, Functionality, and a Gorgeous Screen.

This is the best laptop out there!

2. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Joking aside, it is a beast machine :)

Attached Files:

3. Entangler macrumors newbie

Aside from the screen, the gaming performance is the same as the non-retina right?

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Retina models with the updated CPUs that were introduced earlier this year will be marginally faster, too.

5. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Lmao

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

This looks like another one of those "therapy" threads to make you gamers feel better about your over-priced and slightly disappointing purchase.

I'll stick with a gaming console on a 72" display. :D

7. leman macrumors 604

Thank you, I'd rather play games that look good, instead of settling for consoles with their ... limited graphics and performance ;)

8. renosausage thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I didn't buy my rMBP for gaming.

I bought it for school and work, It just happens to also be able to play some nice games.

I don't think anyone would buy a rMBP for gaming. It doesn't make any sense to spend that much money in a laptop that can't even play good games out of the box.

In order to play good games, you have to install windows (more money) and then update your drivers and buy the games.

By the time you do that you barely have any storage left, unless you bought the 768 SSD.

So like I said before, my rMBP is not mean't for gaming.

I bought it for school and work, I just happen to be able to play some really awesome games on it too.

9. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I agree with that, with the one exception being competitive FPS games like Battlefield 3. It's easier to keep your whole FOV in front of you on a 24 in. monitor instead of having to swivel your head back and forth on a 72 in HDTV.

Otherwise yeah the rMBP isn't exactly the best choice for gaming. It's competent, which is good enough, especially if your operating system of choice is OS X and you want a notebook.

10. Serban Suspended

why you don't play Battlefield on MacOS? to save your bootcamp space?
    Or battlefield only work on windows?

11. renosausage thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think battlefield is available for MacOS.

Also Windows allows you to download the latest drivers from Nvidia which greatly improves performance.

You cannot do this in MacOS.

12. Serban Suspended

i heard that Apple is working for better graphic drivers for 2 months now, so i guess it is heading for June 10th release. So lets hope will be the same performance that you will have in windows

13. TechZeke, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013

TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

I'm praying for driver updates from apple as well. With my latest updates, my 650M just screams on the windows side. It was a good gaming machine before, but those drivers made it an excellent gaming machine after.

On the Mac side, however, the same games("Steamplay" games) run annoyingly more slow than windows now. (Civ V runs like crap on the Mac side, pretty disappointing)

14. teribithia macrumors member

teribithia

:D:D I also do not care that " seems cool" thing.