15" rMBP Apple logo lighting randomly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BimmerNFS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. BimmerNFS macrumors newbie

I have the first 15" rMBP. Sometimes when i have the lid closed the Apple logo will randomly light up for 10-15 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time very random. Has anyone else experienced this before? I wanna take it into Apple because i'd hate for it to happen all the time (like when in a bag when i cant see it) and drain battery and backlight life etc. I know its LED and will last a LONG time, but when you spend $2,300 for a computer you want it to be perfect. The only downside is since it is so random, it would be hard to take it to the Apple store... Any thought?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The Apple logo being on means your screen is being lit up, since they're the same backlight.

Something is bringing your computer out of sleep mode for some reason.

3. BimmerNFS thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting... I almost always leave the computer on and just close the lid when not using it. Wonder if i just took a video of it turning on with the lid closed if that would be enough to have it looked at. Although if the back light is coming on then, it really could be software or hardware, which could make it even harder to diagnose.

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

A video would probably help. Try to film it and take it to the Apple Store. That's definitely not normal because, even if the MBP wakes up while the lid is closed, the screen should remain off due to the magnet.