15" rMBP Backlight Bleed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacReloaded, Jul 19, 2013.

1. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

Hey guys,

I had my display replaced last week at the Genius Bar because a spot had just developed on the screen. It was dark when looking straight on and light when looking at an angle. The original was a Samsung and it was perfect with bluish whites and no backlight bleed. The new one is also a Samsung but it has yellowish whites and noticeable backlight bleed.

This is the old one taken last year.
    [​IMG]

This is the new one taken just now.
    [​IMG]

I'm bringing this up because I can't stop looking at the bleed on the left edge and top left when I'm gaming or watching videos. I want to see what yours looks like so I can determine whether I should bother asking for a replacement.

2. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

That's very unfortunate, the Retina display quality is SO bad. It depends on your luck really! When is the warranty expired? You should demand a replacement until you're satisfied :)

Good luck, I just got my refurbished MacBook Pro 15-inch and white is not consistent across the screen. Left and right are slightly different and I'm waiting for a replacement unit, hopefully it's a Samsung otherwise it's a definite NO!

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Get it replaced. I made the mistake of not getting my screen fixed when it showed some bleeding, and now it is out of warranty and the bleeding has gotten worse... i.e. clearly visible in a well lit room, even with bright screen content.

4. macNwindow macrumors member

here is mine, its a samsung (replaced). It used to have a yellowish white color for whites but i think it has gone away perm.

Attached Files:

5. hammm macrumors member

Wow stunning samsung display ... even backlighting with no bleeding

lucky you

:(

6. MacReloaded thread starter macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

Got AppleCare so warranty expires in August 2015. AppleCare is definitely needed for the Retinas.

Now that's more like it!

7. MacReloaded thread starter macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

8. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

when i have a black background some parts of my screen has a whititsh tint. gotta get my retina mac back from service and check.