15" rMBP HDMI out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by youknownow, Jun 3, 2015.

1. youknownow macrumors regular

Hi there, I have tried connecting my macbook to my tv (samsung 40" smart) but it looks really nasty, the colours don't look the same and it just doesn't feel right. Ive tried adjusting one or two things on the mac and the tv but both haven't really seemed to work. I know its not the cable as it works fine with other devices. Just wondering if the mac can actually display it at the size my tv is? thanks

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The coulours don't look the same as what??? Your macbook?? I'm not surprised samsung TV's tend to wild oversaturation of colour. I connect mine to a 32 inch one often and it's great for video but horrible for most other things. Size makes no difference.

3. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

First thing is to select PCinput mode. You may need to change the colour settings on the TV and also look to see how sharp text is. If it looks blurry or a light halo around it, adjust picture sharpening as it is usually set abnormally high.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Physical screen size is not the same thing as the number of pixels on it. Your TV is actually of a lower resolution than your MBP. Since TV's aren't meant to be used as computer monitors, it goes without saying that they don't usually do a good job of it.

What exactly is wrong with the colours?