15" rMBP LG screen; IR on day one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smurray, Nov 28, 2012.

1. smurray macrumors regular

Just received my new 15" rMBP today. Have had it less than 12 hours and am already seeing IR from Chrome.

2. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

Go and replace the display. It's much faster and more convenient than playing Apple's roulette. Most people that complain about IR, get Samsung display.

3. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

How long does that usually take? Closest Apple store is almost an hour away and I use my laptop for work so would hate to be without it for more than a few days.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Contact AppleCare via phone - ask for customer relations - ask them to call the retail store for you and order in parts needed so they can do a same day fix.

5. Archon macrumors member

How bad is it? Do you see it when you're using it or only with the test? I ask because if you need the computer now, I would wait until you have a few days free to get it repaired.

If you return it, you run the lottery to get one with a Samsung screen. FACT. You'll waste more time if you get an LG one again.

If you wait until it's actually visible under your typical use, go to the Apple store and they will replace the screen. The time it takes can be anywhere from the same day to about a week.

6. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

I had a dark gray background and I noticed it when I closed the Chrome window that had been open for an hour or so. Changing the background to something a little more complex makes it much less notiecable.