15 rMBP mura spot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hungtru, Dec 1, 2014.

1. hungtru macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina and it initially had an LG panel that had a lot of ghosting. It was replaced and i was lucky enough to get a Samsung Panel...2 years of computing fun.

Yesterday, I noticed that i have two mura spots on my panel! I am thinking about going and getting it replaced but I'm worried about the quality of the replacements. I have apple care until July 2015.

In the last two years, have they fixed some of the issues with the panels or am I gambling that i may end up with an LG panel and my warranty will run out by that time? :(

Thoughts?

2. sarthak macrumors 6502

You should get your display replaced as soon as possible and be sure to test it in store.

They seem to be of better quality as of recent few refreshes. Though, again it would depend on whether or not the panel for the 2012 model is interoperable with the Late 2013 and 2014 models.

You should notify during drop-off that previously you had an LG display with ghosting so when they request a new display, they should ensure it is a Samsung model to prevent the same issue before installation.

3. calvol macrumors 6502a