15" rMBP or 27" imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bakatamaki, May 9, 2014.

1. bakatamaki macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I been working since January and have saved up aprox $2000 to gift myself a beautiful new com ( Currently using a base 13" mbp). My trouble is which should i get? I use my com for 70% watching show, 20% web browsing 10% of GTA+TF2+minecraft

option 1 : base 27" imac with ssd
    option 2 : base 15" rmbp

Has anyone bought one of it but wish you had the others?

my third option would be 15"rMBP plus a external monitor but this gonna drill a hole in my bank account. LOL . Anybody using the third option and what is the comment so far?

2. 07dodge macrumors member

I love my base Retina, and have zero regrets. Well...if I were to do it again I'd get the 512 model, but that's not an issue with the Transcend drive that is available.

Thanks to this forum, I was convinced the 15" would be better than the 13" I was looking at mainly due to the lower price, but absolutely the 15" was the way to go.

Any way, I do run into instances where I could use the 27" screen the iMac has, namely school work and when I watch shows it would be nice. The 15" is nice, the 27" is even better.

Extremely happy with my Retina though.

3. PatrickVogeli macrumors newbie

I'd get the imac. Bigger screen, more real estate, faster.. You'll have an excellent desktop and a fine laptop :)

4. bakatamaki thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that not really the case, I sorta promise my mom to pass her the 13" once i get a new computer.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The Transcend drive upgrade only works on rMBPs with mSATA SSDs (the mid-2012 and early-2013 ones).

6. PatrickVogeli macrumors newbie

Well, if you are giving away your rMBP, then it just comes down to wether you need a laptop or not. If you don't need it, the iMac will be better IMHO.