15" rMBP repair question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Southernboyj, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I have a 15" rMBP I bought back in June. It's experiencing pretty bad image retention. I'm not being picky, I've tried to just disregard it for a few months because I didn't want to send it in for repair. But it seems to have gotten progressively worse. If I leave Skype open for 5 minutes for example then switch to full screen Safari, the outline of the window and text remains.

My question is, have any of you had them repaired? What's the turn around time usually from day shipped off until day recieved? I use my laptop a lot and want to get it fixed befor spring semester starts. I don't live near any Apple stores.

2. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

3. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

I had my display replaced, however it was in store. The guy told me they might have to ship it out for repair and quoted 3-4 business days. They didn't know if they had the part. Luckily for me they had the part. I would guess the 3-4 business days should hold true though as I believe they use an overnight shipping option both to and from the repair depot.

4. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Good to know.. I've heard some people have had issues with Apple not wanting to repair it and simply stating "Ghosting is a known issue with IPS displays".