[15" rMBP] Spotify Stuttering Slightly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jas07, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

Rather random one I know but is Spotify slightly stuttering or anyone else on a 15" rMBP? I cant understand it, load on the machine is low etc but even whilst typing this when the sound stutters the typing lags at the same time and then catches up :confused:

Any ideas / suggestions welcome as I'm baffled!

2. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

If you mean it sounds like it crackles when it stutters then this happens to me too.

3. jas07 thread starter macrumors regular

jas07

4. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

5. jas07 thread starter macrumors regular

jas07

Well ive disabled auto graphics switching and it appears to have resolved all my problems!

Suspect its just a driver issue that will be corrected in a future update.

6. harry454 macrumors 6502

I've had this with normal itunes playing today and yesterday. Its weird.

7. earthianhimself macrumors newbie

8. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

sounds like a hardware issue to me. The soundcard having problems. Does it appear when you use digital audio out? Is it only the speakers or analog out too?

9. earthianhimself macrumors newbie

10. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

11. jas07 thread starter macrumors regular

jas07

Have others that have this issue tried disabling the auto switching GFX? Its completely resolved it for me, ive been listening to Spotify all day and its not stuttered once, enabled AutoSwitching again and it stuttered within 30 seconds.

12. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I did. It definitely works. But it's just a optimisation issue as my iMac G4 and G5 could also run Spotify without a hick up. So does the Black MacBook I own (64MB Intel GMA 950 Integrated card)

Spotify has not got a retina update anyways. Also, I believe a lot of optimisation still has to be done for these machines.

It all works great, but I something run into some non-issue but weird problems. ;).

Let me tell you this. I played a few intensive games on the Bootcamp partition and really smooth as butter. Best experience I've had. (better than de 2010 iMac 2.93Ghz i7 16GB I had)

The system is plenty powerful. Just optimisation required.
    First gen owner issues people :rolleyes:

13. conkerbot macrumors member

I had these issues with iTunes. It turns out that Safari was having crazy memory leaks (2 tabs, 8GB memory used for "Safari web content", that kinda thing). It sounds like the kinda thing that reinstalling ML may well fix, but I just got lazy and installed chrome and the issue disappeared. I also notice if I work my machine very hard while on integrated graphics the audio can sometimes stutter, but as soon as I set it to dedicated they all disappear.

14. stevelam macrumors 65816

i've had audio crackling several months ago but it hasn't happened since. no idea!