15" Unibody Restarting for 5 hours

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StormWatch01, Mar 9, 2011.

1. StormWatch01 macrumors newbie

I tried to click on Poker Stars app to get a game. It updated and when done it asked me for a pw. I entered it but it gave me error message. I restarted the lap top and it has been restarting itself ever since. I took the battery out, no A/C, and still doing it. It's now been about 5 hours. I took the battery out again and the laptop turned off automatically. I waited and plugged it to the AC and same thing.

15" MBP Unibody circa 08-09.

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Kindly forgive me for my stupidity & ignorance. :eek: What kind of app is that? :confused: Could it be some kind of "malware" in disguise? :confused:

3. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Poker Stars is a app that allows you to play poker versus many other players via the interwebs. I prefer Full Tilt, but we all have our own preferences.

As for your issue, I haven't a clue what could have caused that. Maybe a fresh install of the OS is in order? I wouldn't know what else to do.

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Oh, I see. :eek: Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. :) Stupid me! :eek:

5. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Is it possible a semi-tech savvy person has been playing with it without you knowing? If so it could be an applescript in the startup items.

Try holding down the Shift key when it restarts.

If not, try resetting PRAM (Command + Option + P + R)

If not, try inserting your original software install DVD, and holding down "D" key on restart. It should take you to hardware diagnostics.