15" White MacBooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aaronhead14, Jun 21, 2010.

1. aaronhead14 Suspended

aaronhead14

Am I just crazy? Or did there used to be 15" MacBooks? I swear there used to be... And what ever happened to the black MacBooks? I loved those! They looked much better than the white ones.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there never was a 15" MacBook. You can find specs on all Apple products with Mactracker.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

There were 14" iBooks that looked like MacBooks but no MacBooks other than 13.3". Only Apple knows why the BlackBook was discontinued. I think its because it looked too much like any other laptop although that was a good thing if you needed to use it in an office environment.

4. johnnyham macrumors regular

There's 15" Macbook Pros... and yeah the 14" iBook did look a lot like the white Macbook. I think Apple discontinued the black Macbook option because it wasn't selling well due to its higher price and the fact that it was "different". Apple loves having their universal, sterile products. I just don't think they were as popular as the white ones and when the unibodies started rolling out, they had to get rid of something. If the black one was the same price as the white one, I would have bought one instead, but I didn't think it was worth it to spend an extra $100 for a different color. I'd rather spend $50 on a Speck case or just make it unique in my own way (i.e., changing the white Apple on the front to a blue one like I did on my old one).

5. Droid13 macrumors regular

Black MacBooks are awesome!

I ordered mine the same day that they were updated in May 2007, the tax on being different was a mere £35 that day, as opposed to the more usual £100 or so.

Black is just cooler. I would probably have coughed up the £100, glad I didn't have to.

6. mjschranz macrumors newbie

mjschranz

Oh how I wish there were still black macbooks.

At least I have the option of getting somewhat close to that with products like the ones from MacStyles.com

7. johnnyham macrumors regular

I know that Axiotron used to supply black Macbooks if you bought a new one through them to be turned into a Modbook. I couldn't find any info on their site as to if they still did this, but they might keep some in secret call-in VIP stock. And hands-down, the Modbook is the most incredible enhancement for the Macbook. If I had the $900 to spare, I'd definitely invest in one. I've always wished that Apple would make these...

8. rcp27 macrumors regular

When I bought my MacBook (spring '08), you could get a white one with exactly the same spec as the black one for less money. I personally go for the whole Black isn't consistent with the Apple corporate image explanation.