15 years later what would you ask?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jun 25, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

- At age 1-6 you have someone hired to help your mother take care of you because you were a multiple birth. This person did a lot for you. You go to school and dont see this person for 15 years until one day.

What kind of question would they ask you after 15 years?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Oh, I'd imagine it'd be mostly niceties. "How are you?" "What have you been doing since you used to be my caretaker?" "Do you remember when xyz incident happened?" and then comments like "I remember when I was little you xyz'ed." "Oh it's so nice to see you!"

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Ok what do you think the caretaker would ask?

4. She macrumors member

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Oh, was that your original question? Hmm, I think what the caretaker might ask or say is harder to predict. It's easy to predict what the grown child might ask because they were only a child at the time, but the care taker was an adult then, so their thought on that time period can be much more complex. I imagine the care taker would mainly want to hear all about how you've been seen they last saw you, and want to find out everything that you've done, like where you went to school, if you're working, where you're working, did you do any music or sports in school, etc. They'll probably say things like "I remember when you were just a little kid, you did xyz, and it really made me laugh/think/cry/whatever." "You were so smart/musical/active/whatever when you were a little kid, did you ever wind up going to college/playing an instrument/getting into sports/ or whatevering?" Things like that are my guess as to how most of it will go.

6. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

This situation somewhat happened to me the other day, funny story too.

Where I used to live, the Managers in the apartment complex were good friends of my best friends parents. We would always be at their house and they used to watch us. She would also give me haircuts all the time. They moved to Wisconsin about 10 years ago and I haven't seen them since.

Last Friday night I was working my usual night managing shift at the Sizzler. I saw a guy at the Salad Bar that I swear I recognized. After a while I saw where they were sitting and went to check up on them. After they said everything was doing great, I asked him if his name was Troy. He just sort of looked at me weird and quietly said "Yes?".

I explained to him why I asked him and he said once he noticed my name tag he recognized me. After ten years it was really odd that I recognized him. They were moving back closer to the rest of their family as he finished school and got a good position near by.

As mentioned above, he was asking me what school I went to, how my grades were, what I was doing now, what I want to do soon. We talked for a good half hour. I ended up sitting at their table talking for a while. I just asked him how his family was doing and how much their kids have grown. Of course they don't remember me, they were too young. I was interested in his schooling and his degree.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Heh, I was thinking about this the other day. One of my old infant school teachers lives opposite the school she taught at. She's retired now but I'm sure I saw her gardening a couple of days ago. I wanted to say something but had no idea, thought about asking her if she remembered me and wanted to find out the name of a book she used to read to the class.
    But just walked on by and didn't say anything :eek:.