150.00 iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phearx, Dec 28, 2010.

1. phearx macrumors regular

Just a heads up from an employee at radioshack, the iPhone will be $150.00 once again starting December 29th. Not sure how long the promotion will be going on this time.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if people don't mind buying a refurbish phone, I think AT&T online has the best deal right now.

[​IMG]

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Just a note: AT&T refurbs are not Apple refurbs. They are pretty scratched and in bad shape from what I've heard on this forum.

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^Not true. My ip4 im using now is an att refurb. I got it on black friday and it looked brand new. No scratches, chips, dents nothing at all. You would think it was "brand new". Also, you get a one year warranty from date of purchase as you would buying a brand new phone from apple.

6. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I ordered one today. There were two options: straight up refurb or refurb with minor cosmetic damage. I got the straight up refurb for 99. I'll post pics when I get it.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Agreed, my cousin bought an AT&T refurb iPhone 4 in early october and it looked identical to my brand new (Apple Store) iPhone 4, except then she paid $50 less than me and didn't get the iPhone box.

in the system, her phone was registered in August 2010, so the iPhone's warranty expires in August 2011, but as long as she keeps her online receipt, she will be covered until October 1st, 1 year from when she bought the iPhone.

AT&T online gives you two options, 1. Refurbished (just like an Apple refurb) and 2.Cosmetic Blemish (a phone that was bought, used and returned and then re-sold)
    [​IMG]

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^My warranty is the exact same. Expires August 2011 but i purchased it in november. Just keep the receipt and youll be good.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this is completely off topic, but I just wanted to say that I like your sig, its pretty funny.

10. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Correct.

Quote from another thread:

11. jarev macrumors newbie

I called AT&T yesterday to inquire about the refurbished Iphone 4. they told me that they only come with 3 month warranty and that the original warranty is lost due to the phone being refurbished.

Am I a little bit confused... Can you guys please clarify this. Thanks.

12. mattchless macrumors newbie

Shack up w iPhone ?

Hmm, been patiently waiting off contract w a crappy bb to jump to the iPhone but all my friends have been telling me to wait for the big V.

What do u guys think. Ge the iPhone 4 16 gb w AT&T at RS for $150 or the $50 savings not worth it as I've waited this long already.

13. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

Is it possible to buy refurbs from ATT store with no commitment (full price)? If so, how much do they cost?

14. mstrze macrumors 68000

Bought my wife's 3G as a refurb and it came looking brand new. I do not recall an option for choosing between a 'cosmetically' altered model however.

I would certainly buy refurbished again. :D

15. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Fifty dollars off the retail.

16. Montoya macrumors newbie

Wouldnt mind buying an iphone4 that would work here in the UK!

Shame you need an AT&T contract though! Damnit

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I can only base my theory of AT&T refurbished iPhone's from the phone that my cousin bought a few months ago which looked brand new and not a single scratch or mark indicating it had a previous owner, but here is AT&Ts explaination of what a refurbished phone is:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/sharedSegments/iphone3GRefurbPopup.jsp

and here is a story I found from TUAW that explains the warranty:

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/03/31/atandt-refurb-iphones-arrive-with-incorrect-warranty-coverage/

My cousin has called AT&T and Apple and was told the same thing as above, she has to hold onto her receipt for Proof that she bought it after August, but she was told by Apple that she has the option to buy Apple Care for an additional 2 years before the August deadline.

18. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

No, the refurbs are online only.

They've added the 'cosmetically damaged' ones within the last week.

Unfortunately all the iPhone 4 refurbs are out of stock (I tried to get one today), so I just went to my local AT&T store and got a new one instead.

19. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I must've gotten lucky. I ordered mine yesterday, it shipped out today, should have it tomorrow by 3. I'll be posting pics in this thread.

20. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this is probably the best deal, anywhere, for an iPhone 4 right now (considering both AT&T and Apple are currently selling a new iPhone 3GS for $99, 8gb).

yes this is a refurbished phone, but if you only had a $100 to spend, I would go with a refurbished iPhone 4 than a new iPhone 3GS.

21. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Got my refurb iPhone 4 and it looks just like the very first one I got. It's not the apple box but everything was new. Phone had the protective film covering the front and back. Flawless... Without further wait here are the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. JASApplications macrumors 65816

very nice but the pics don't really do it justice!

23. war eagle macrumors 6502a

They really don't but that crappy camera on the bberry is all I had.

I had a launch iPhone 4 so this is my 2nd and this one was just as mint as they original.

24. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Also, my applecare is good through December 9, 2011.