$150 @ Apple...$750 @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CtotheP, Dec 27, 2013.

1. CtotheP macrumors regular

Have gift cards to apple and amazon and am looking for a new mac (either Mini or laptop) for coding, etc. I looked on Amazon for Apple Store a Gift Cards but no luck ...... Any thoughts?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What are you asking exactly - its awkwardly worded and I'm unsure what the question is. :confused:

If you're asking about using apple store gift cards to purchase a Mac on Amazon - you cannot do that. Amazon does not accept apple gift cards as a payment.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Are you trying to buy a gift card in Amazon to pay for a Mac at an Apple Store?

4. Bear macrumors G3

Amazon does not sell Apple gift cards.

Apple has 2 types of gift cards. Apple Gift Cards which is for buying from the Apple store and iTunes gift cards (in various guises) that is only good for things (Music, Movies, Books, Apps) from the iTunes store.

5. CtotheP thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, sorry. I was wondering if there was anyway to purchase apple gift cards on amazon. I might go the hackintosh route

6. brendu macrumors 68020

Why not just buy the Mac, why buy gift cards to use for a Mac for yourself?

7. adamneer macrumors 6502

i would assume the intention was to combine the total amount of gift cards into a value that can be used entirely at one store or the other.