150+ apps organized in folders on one screen slows down phone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xystence, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

I have all of my games in alpha in folders, so they spread across 2 home screens making it nice and easy to access everything. But the one thing I notice is that it either slows the whole phone down, but I cannot tell if its just the home screens slowed down. When I press and hold an app it takes significantly longer to get them to shake for me to move them, and again takes a lot longer for the to stop shaking once I push the home button.

Is this delay just on the home screen or is it effecting the whole phones operation? I am certain this is happening from having so many apps within 2 home screen and its roughly 20-25GB worth of stuff.

Anyone know a way around this other then spreading things out, and whether its hindering the whole phone? Or perhaps an advice on other ways to organize? I am starting to reduce how much is there, but just thinking of this stuff as well.

Thank you in advance!

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

93 apps, all organized into folders on a single home screen. No slowdown.
    Close all apps, reboot phone. If that doesn't work, restore.

3. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

I have 212 apps among 2 pages, not to mention the apps by themselves total close to 25GB right now. Some of which are over 1GB total. I tried restoring and starting over, but the minute I organize them this hoemscreen slowdown still occurs.

This sucks lol

4. Menel Suspended

Menel

Size of apps should be irrelevant, homescreen icons should are merely virtual pointers, all the data isn't being manipulated when homescreen is manipulated.

5. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

So weird then. These slowdowns are very specific to home screen functions only I believe. Delays in moving or completing moves, deleting apps prompts. Just random stuff that starts here.

Non of this happens if I spread the apps out though. When the exact same apps are spread in no folders across 10 home screens there is no slow down at all, its like a fresh install with nothing on it.