Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BizRunner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
My App Store has been so buggy lately, it is almost unusable. For instance, I am trying to check for updates so I can get the new YouTube app, but it says iTunes store is unavailable.

Also yesterday I was trying to download the Starbucks App on my girlfriend's phone, and after searching for the App, it was not shown in the search results. Even when I found a direct link online it said that it was not there.

I am so sick of this crap store.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this issue?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
My App Store has been so buggy lately, it is almost unusable. For instance, I am trying to check for updates so I can get the new YouTube app, but it says iTunes store is unavailable.

Also yesterday I was trying to download the Starbucks App on my girlfriend's phone, and after searching for the App, it was not shown in the search results. Even when I found a direct link online it said that it was not there.

I am so sick of this crap store.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this issue?

Yup, I, too, am having the unavailability issue with the Updates section:

iOS App Store connection error in Updates section only

And I agree that the App Store needs help in a pretty significant way.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I'm also getting the "Can't connect..." error in the Southeastern U.S. only in the Updates area.

pmasters

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2009
Getting the same thing on both the IOS store and the Mac App store. This is fricking ridiculous!

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Hopefully all the lagginess and the buggy performance will be fixed in 6.1. :(

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Me too! I want to update my Simpsons game (that advertised an update for today) and it wont let me connect. :mad:

Rumor has it that the Gmail App update is to blame? IDK how plausible that is though.Venture Beat Article

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The recent issues just had to do with some updates and/or load on the store, probably not much more. The actual design issues, now those are the more "real" issues as they are there always (until Apple would change something in the design of the store itself).

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I know this is an old thread, but recently my interactions with the iOS6 app store have been awful. The GUI is horrible, but my biggest gripe is the Genius feature. Occasionally I check this, but most of the suggested apps are games (i've allowed my youngest to install too many of them on my phone already). Anyways, for each suggested app there is a 'Not interested' button. Presumably if one clicks this, the genius algorithms take this into account. Infuriatingly, hitting the 'Not interested' button more often than not brings up the detailed description of the given app rather than doing what it should do. The obvious solution is simply to change the button size so that it actually works. And don't get me started about the Featured page, where one has hit a "See all" button rather than just scrolling through a horizontal list.

Apple needs to hire more people with OCD to catch bugs like this. Some of the recent bugs in iOS6 make Apple look like amateurs. I don't care about whether Apple puts a shiny new skin on iOS (although settings widgets would be nice), but I do expect that what they already provide should be properly debugged.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
The iOS 6 App Store is a horrible, buggy mess.

I've submitted bugs to Apple regarding it - I even got an email back. My bug report was closed, because it was a duplicate (they included the case #s from both reports). I cannot view others' bug reports, but it at least tells me others are reporting it.

birdland

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
Scotland
gesture to download from AppStore?

I'm a newbie I just bought an ipad4. I go to appstore choose an item, try what i may i can't make a gesture that downloads the app. What am I not doing right?

To clarify, i tap on the app it opens, it is free, What is the next gesture to download it to the Ipad
Thanks
I think the interface sucks too I have had problems visiting it from my Air and I purchased a copy of lion way back it would not downoad and they refused to refund my money which SWISH vanished from my account in seconds

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm a newbie I just bought an ipad4. I go to appstore choose an item, try what i may i can't make a gesture that downloads the app. What am I not doing right?

To clarify, i tap on the app it opens, it is free, What is the next gesture to download it to the Ipad
Thanks
I think the interface sucks too I have had problems visiting it from my Air and I purchased a copy of lion way back it would not downoad and they refused to refund my money which SWISH vanished from my account in seconds
For example, for free app, tap on the "FREE" button (under the app icon/image) which would change to "INSTALL APP" and then tap on that (essentially the same button again) to start the installation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.