iOS6 App Store is Terrible

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by BizRunner, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BizRunner macrumors member

BizRunner

My App Store has been so buggy lately, it is almost unusable. For instance, I am trying to check for updates so I can get the new YouTube app, but it says iTunes store is unavailable.

Also yesterday I was trying to download the Starbucks App on my girlfriend's phone, and after searching for the App, it was not shown in the search results. Even when I found a direct link online it said that it was not there.

I am so sick of this crap store.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this issue?

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

App stores running fine for me. I'm in the UK though.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I'm getting the can't connect to iTunes store message here in eastern US.

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Yup, I, too, am having the unavailability issue with the Updates section:

iOS App Store connection error in Updates section only

And I agree that the App Store needs help in a pretty significant way.

5. avanpelt macrumors 68020

I'm also getting the "Can't connect..." error in the Southeastern U.S. only in the Updates area.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'm now getting "Access Denied".

7. pmasters macrumors member

Getting the same thing on both the IOS store and the Mac App store. This is fricking ridiculous!

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Hopefully all the lagginess and the buggy performance will be fixed in 6.1. :(

9. AlphaHumanus, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

Me too! I want to update my Simpsons game (that advertised an update for today) and it wont let me connect. :mad:

Rumor has it that the Gmail App update is to blame? IDK how plausible that is though.Venture Beat Article

10. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I too am getting the Occasional bug. My biggest gripe is with the interface though.

11. jacobss macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what apple was thinking when they changed the interface:mad:

12. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

They changed it because the previous interface sucked.

The problem is, this interface sucked also.

I wish Apple would just rip off Google Play. Now that's a store done right.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

The recent issues just had to do with some updates and/or load on the store, probably not much more. The actual design issues, now those are the more "real" issues as they are there always (until Apple would change something in the design of the store itself).

14. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Btw I think the App store is under the management of Eddy Cue, not Scott Forstall.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I know this is an old thread, but recently my interactions with the iOS6 app store have been awful. The GUI is horrible, but my biggest gripe is the Genius feature. Occasionally I check this, but most of the suggested apps are games (i've allowed my youngest to install too many of them on my phone already). Anyways, for each suggested app there is a 'Not interested' button. Presumably if one clicks this, the genius algorithms take this into account. Infuriatingly, hitting the 'Not interested' button more often than not brings up the detailed description of the given app rather than doing what it should do. The obvious solution is simply to change the button size so that it actually works. And don't get me started about the Featured page, where one has hit a "See all" button rather than just scrolling through a horizontal list.

Apple needs to hire more people with OCD to catch bugs like this. Some of the recent bugs in iOS6 make Apple look like amateurs. I don't care about whether Apple puts a shiny new skin on iOS (although settings widgets would be nice), but I do expect that what they already provide should be properly debugged.

16. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

The iOS 6 App Store is a horrible, buggy mess.

I've submitted bugs to Apple regarding it - I even got an email back. My bug report was closed, because it was a duplicate (they included the case #s from both reports). I cannot view others' bug reports, but it at least tells me others are reporting it.

17. birdland macrumors newbie

gesture to download from AppStore?

I'm a newbie I just bought an ipad4. I go to appstore choose an item, try what i may i can't make a gesture that downloads the app. What am I not doing right?

To clarify, i tap on the app it opens, it is free, What is the next gesture to download it to the Ipad
    Thanks
    I think the interface sucks too I have had problems visiting it from my Air and I purchased a copy of lion way back it would not downoad and they refused to refund my money which SWISH vanished from my account in seconds

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

For example, for free app, tap on the "FREE" button (under the app icon/image) which would change to "INSTALL APP" and then tap on that (essentially the same button again) to start the installation.