1536.emix

Discussion in 'macOS' started by landlover, Jan 28, 2008.

1. landlover macrumors newbie

Hi, this emac has Intego virus-barrier x5 running on it. When it tries to scan the entire HD it always stops or gets locked up when 1523.emix is on the screen, I assume it is being scanned being it is showing and doing nothing, 1523.emix has the mail logo on it. Do any of you know what this is, trying to figure out what is going on. I know it is in the home folder library but that is all I know. I hope this is the right place for this question.

Thank You
    Damon

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

That's going to be one of the messages in Mail.app--they are stored as individual files in Mail's folder in your user Library with the name [number].emlx. I assume that since it's a relatively low number, it's one of the older messages you have, unless you don't get much email or haven't been using Mail for long.

If you locate it in the Finder (go to Mail --> [correct account] --> [mailbox] --> Messages) and double click on it--should pop up in Mail, so you can tell what particular message it is.

I'm going to guess it's got some attachment that your virus scanner doesn't like, but isn't just outright flagging for some reason.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There has been ZERO viruses for OS X for the past 7 years, and none right now. You are wasting your time with a virus scanner in OS X.

However if you really want to use one for its placebo effect, you should use: ClamXav