1599$ MB, extinct, vs 1499 MBP, new

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jukemaster07, Jun 8, 2009.

1. jukemaster07 macrumors newbie

i got the 1599$ macbook a little over a month ago, and im very happy with it. im just wondering what the major differences are between the two. it makes no sense to me how apple would sell a product with more for less. does that make any sense? am i missing something?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

They added an SD-slot, 2GB of RAM, a FW800 port and .13ghz while removing the split audio in/out ports and option to remove the battery.

If yours does what you need, that's all that matters.

They sell more for less because that's how technology works. Costs come down as product lines run longer and they pass that along to the consumer. The RAM for instance. When the UMB debuted, 4GB of DDR3 was quite expensive, now it's like $55.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yup. Things become a little simpler when you're not constantly trying to keep up with the Joneses.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yeah, at first I was thinking "aw man, wtf?!"

Then I realized I don't use FW, my camera is CF based, and 2.0ghz is plenty. All was well again at that point :)

5. jukemaster07 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. egk69 macrumors 6502

I really REALLY!! dont want to be a D*ck or sound like a douche!, but, WOW!, before the WWDC you could find 2 or 3 new topics about "should i buy now or wait for my macbook" every couple hours,
    then now after WWDC (btw: is WWDC over? i mean, is it 1 day or how many days??) the same thing happens again 3 or 4 new topics every hour about "i feel bad about my macbook 13"/ my macbook sucks/ apple screw us with the macbooks" etc , etc, HEHEHE, its kinda funny!!

Anyways Im a PROUD Owner of a 2 Weeks old (only 1 week with it, the rest was shipping time) Collectors Edition MacBook 2.4 13" YAAYY!!!!:D

7. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

You did? I never even entered that stage. :cool:
    Must have felt sh***y while it lasted ;)

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

uhhm... you could return it since it's within the refund time and get more for your money, just sayin :rolleyes:

9. egk69 macrumors 6502

no i cant, i didnt buy it from apple, and I already saved A LOT! from what apple were selling it!

a new MBP 13" with my specs will cost me the same i paid for mine, yes it will have
    -.13 more of processor and
    -it will say "PRO",
    -have FW (which i dont have anything to conect there)
    -it will have SD slot (which i can use, but at the same time i can use my SD reader that came with the micro SD so i really dont need it either
    and what else would it have?

so to me i really dont think its much of a difference...

10. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

i have one too a 2.4 ce aluminum macbook. isn't it wierd that people are never happy with what they have. There's always gonna be something better out there, so you'll never be content with your computer unless u worry about the present. The only way I'd get a new mbp is if my comp broke, and apple gave me the new one then offered me credit because of its collector's edition value. well, i have to admit, IF i7 and usb 3.0 come out, I will get a new one. Until then, I'm gonna watch some TV on my awesome aluminum macbook.

Proud owner of a limited edition macbook :p

11. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

You're not a proud owner until you put CE in your sig!

It's true. If you don't, Shady will eat you for breakfast.

12. Sareth macrumors member

My version:

Then I realized I don't use FW, my camera I connect via USB, and 2.4ghz is plenty. All was well again at that point :)

The only thing that might still irk me is if the screen has improved, but at home I mostly use my mb hooked up to a 21" display so "meh" again on that point.

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Then I say you are GOOD! I think I said it already but the viewing angle is the only gripe I had. Otherwise good here too :)