15in Hi Res Glossy vs Std Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patzelt1982, May 20, 2010.

1. patzelt1982 macrumors newbie

This has been hammered to death online. But I can't seem to figure out the answer to this question.

Why can't you just get the hi resolution 15in and set it to 1440x900 if you want larger text. Does it have something to do with native resolution?

Also I remotely connect to Linux servers and the text is already very small when running the remote desktop. Will this be even smaller with the hi res? Is there a way to avoid this?

I currently use a 1440x900 and don't know if I should stick with what I have as it works or get the new hi res. I do very minimal photo editing and rarely look at video and the like. Mainly I work with statistical programs and will benefit from being able to see a larger data set with the hi res. I'm most concerned with the 1st question. No apple store person has been able to answer it yet.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. mingoglia macrumors 6502

Normally I'm not part of the "use the search feature" crowd. In this case however this has been discussed a bazillion times it seems. Particularly when the new MBP's were launched weeks ago at any given time there were probably 5 threads going on at once asking this question.

4. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

You're kidding!!!!!!

If your first question is what I underlined... :eek::eek::eek:

Experienced computer users let alone Apple Store employees should be able to answer that from reflex; that a non-native resolution on an LCD looks crap. What about the Apple Geniuses? Don't tell me you stumped them too!

I mean, for crying out loud, you're in an Apple store; rock up to (or one of the Apple Store people could) one of the dozens of computers there and change the resolution and decide for yourself!