15inch low-end MBP is 3.699$ in Turkey, but why?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by emir, Apr 9, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

In US it is 1699$, what can make a price go of the roof, even more than double? Makes no sense.

2. Leo72 macrumors member

As far as i know, Apple products come to Turkey via Ireland. It must be the reason of overprice.

Sorry folks, the next message will be in Turkish :rolleyes:

Yukarıda belirttiğim gibi, Apple bilgisayarlar Türkiye'ye İrlanda üzerinden getiriliyor (muhtemelen Euro bazlı fiyatlarla) Kar marjını da hesaba katarsak, neden kazıklandığımız ortaya çıkar.

3. zunairryk macrumors regular

+2 I completely agree;)

4. morfeas-dsl- macrumors member

morfeas-dsl-

not that better a price in Greece :)
    Here its about 35% more expensive than the us...

5. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

I can translate that Turkish message to English for you. Here it is;

"as i said before apple's computers come to turkey via ireland(probably as euro currency) and they put a lot of profit over this. This explaims why they are pushing on us. "

hope this was helpful. I dont think any sane person would give 3700 dollars.

6. rabbitweed macrumors newbie

7. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

hahaha this reminds me of Howard Wolowitz in the big bang theory. anythingForAGreenCard.com
    :D:D:D classic.

8. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

1. The Euro is trading for .74 to the US dollar.
    2. Don't forget to add your countries customs and import taxes.

My country has a IVA tax of 12%+customs taxes. A base iMac is over $3,000 here.

It all adds up to increase the cost.

I could have a friend mail me a new iMac to here, but customs will tax me according to what the imac costs here, and not what I paid for it. A no win situation!

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Just have friends / family visiting the US bring you one back.

10. Leo72 macrumors member

I don't get something. Is it impossible to import those products directly from the usa? :mad:

11. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

I don't see why it's impossible. You could try sites that export products to international destinations like legalitunescards.com (it's for itunes cards but they also sell apple hardware - limited selection though)

Manufacturers usually don't honor warranties if something is purchased abroad, but in Apple's case they honor warranties globally, so you're covered there.

12. hohohong macrumors 6502

Pay for my trip to your country and I can be your friend (AKA help you get 1 here from US) ! ;)

13. bkarabel macrumors member

Plus, there is no apple turkey, there is a company called Bilkom which is owned by koc holding , operating as an authorized distributor. i am sure they have their profit margins added to the grand total.

14. BaronStein macrumors regular

1) Apple is not direct distributor in Turkey. Some other company sells Apple products. Not Apple itself. Therefore, they have a cut. Which makes prices expensive.

2) Currency thing. They are imported to Turkey from Europe. So, they are technically sold in Euro's. This also makes a difference.

3) Supply/demand situation. Well, Apple sells thousands or even millions of MBP's in USA but only hundreds in Turkey. So the prices supposed to be a bit more expensive in there.

4) Domestic/import taxes. I think that VAT in Turkey is around 20%, directly affecting customers, not even considering import taxes.

All these together, they end up pretty expensive in Turkey.