16 gB iPhone 4s + iCloud OR 32 gB iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by midloman, Oct 6, 2011.

1. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

I was planning to order a 32 gig iPhone 4S. I have a 16 gig 3GS now and I'm always bumping up against the memory limit.

I was talking to someone who had decided to get the 16 gig instead of the 32. His reasoning was that since everything can be stored/pulled down using iCloud, there was no need to have everything locally.

What are you all's thoughts on this? It seems like it could be a lot of deleting and reloading to save $100. How does the streaming thing work with iCloud, especially in a 3G only environment (no WiFi)?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Plan to place my order tonight at 3:01 AM ET.

LT

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I'm going all out: 64GB. I don't want to pay an annual cloud fee.

[​IMG]

3. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Same here. I debated the same thing, but since I just got rid of my iPad 64GB, I'm getting an iPhone 64GB. Have (most) everything on me at all times.

4. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

For $100 more you get to have them stored locally which I feel is worth it...

5. DNAppleGold, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

DNAppleGold macrumors regular

If you'll be using your Iphone as your primary portable music player, and most do, get the larger size. Icloud and other streaming services are great but there are too many times you'll be without a good (or no) data connection. Plus, streaming and downloading kills battery life.

BTW, for your Itunes purchased media, Icloud is free regardless of how many gigs you have. (also goes for app, books, or anything you buy from Apple. Basic rule - if you buy from Apple it doesn't count against your storage limit). It's only for use with non itunes purchase that you'll need to pay. I've got a huge collection from non-itunes sources that won't fit on any phone. I'll definitely be paying the measly $25 to have access to all of it.