16 gb iphone or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ricecook, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

yeah so i see that new 16 gb is out ..so dose that mean a new version of a new iphone is around the corner ?

this new 16 is same just bigger memory?

2. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

...do you need more space? that's the question.

4. mowenbrown macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat... my T-mobile contract is up (today) and I have a fist full of apple gift cards from Christmas. I want an iPhone, bad... but my Blackberry is very much alive and kicking... so I don't really need it on any level that isn't materialistic. So I don't want to drop $499 in February to be pissed in May when the next new redesigned iPhone comes out. What to do?

Are we talking wait till June, or wait till October?

5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

well you know a 3g iphone will be on at&t first. if there is no 3g network there is no 3g iphone. so since then network xpansion will be coming at the end of the year thats probably when you can expect an iphone. plus i don't think an upgrade is coming soon. thats why they did a memory bump.

6. JonnyMac macrumors member

I plan on waiting for the 3G iPhone. Supposedly it will be closer to the end of this year because Apple is now considering using Infineon's 3G chip. For me, once the iPhone gets 3G, then that will solve my only real gripe with the phone. 16GB (or even 32GB) would be a welcome addition, but not as important as the 3G!!!