16 GB iPhones much slower when installing apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RalfTheAlf, Aug 26, 2008.

1. RalfTheAlf macrumors newbie

I have several iPhones in access (I'm a developer):
    2 white iPhones 3G with 16 GB Memory
    1 black iPhone 3G with 8 GB Memory
    3 iPhones 2G with 8GB memory

I discovered that when installing applications, either via iTunes or using Xcode, the 2 white iPhones take 10-20 times the amount of time compared to the other iPhones. All phones with the latest firmware version (I have the effect since v.2.0).

This is totally reproduceable, It occurs when connected to my company's iMac and the same at home with my MacBook. Just the 2 white iPhones are so slow! Installing an app on the white ones takes 2-3 minutes while it takes only about 10 seconds with the other iPhones. I don´t know whether the color matters (special series?) or memory size (16 GB).

Anybody else with this behaviour?

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I don't have anything to compare directly to, but I was having lunch with my friend the other day and mentioned a free game that I like BlackJack Run Lite. I was amazed by how fast he downloaded and installed it on his 1st Gen 8gb iPhone compared to how long it takes to install apps on my 16gb 3g (white).

I chalked it up to the fact that I have a bunch more applications, but now this has me thinking...