16 GB memory from corsair price difference ordering from PC VS MAC

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhiteDuallyIL, Jul 12, 2012.

1. WhiteDuallyIL macrumors newbie

16 GB memory from corsair price difference ordering from PC VS MAC.

I was checking memory prices for my mac from my dell and it was 115 i then verified it on mac as i went downstairs and it was 160. WTF the exact same part number and everything. So i played around and verified this on another mac and another pc and the exact same thing. I have sent Corsair an email asking for why this is. So if you guys need memory you maybe better off shopping from a PC since these companies are starting to think that Mac users will pay a premium. Wasn't it travelcity or orbitz that was showing Mac computer users the higher priced rooms first?

I have attached the pdf's to proof what I am seeing. :confused:

2. Inopia-Vi, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

It's possible. This is called targeting advertising. Since you own a mac, you are suposisly richer therefore, looking to spend more. You are redirected to product listed at a higher price. A story got out a few weeks ago about hotel room prices...

3. WhiteDuallyIL thread starter macrumors newbie

it is the same on both and the exact same part number

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I don't see any PDF, and images/links would be more appropriate anyway. Can you post them?

5. Drask macrumors regular

It was orbitz with reservation to hotels that did this, their point was that Mac users usually go for higher cost rooms that include a better service (i.e suits), but that there's no way they would offer the same room for different prices just because of buying from a mac.

I still think this suxs.

6. WhiteDuallyIL thread starter macrumors newbie

7. pgiguere1, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Here's the link to the actual page: http://www.corsair.com/corsair-mac-...r3-sodimm-memory-kit-cmsa16gx3m2a1333c9.html/

I confirm I'm seeing $159.99 from my Mac as well. Could somebody with Windows confirm they get $114.99?

EDIT: I found out why. Here's the link to the $114.99 page: http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-m...3m2a1333c9.html/?___store=us&___from_store=en

It has nothing to do with being on Windows/OS X. The $114.99 one is for the US store while the $159.99 is for the English (Global) Store. There's a drop down menu on top to change your region.

8. WhiteDuallyIL thread starter macrumors newbie

SOB you are right I wonder why the mac defaults to global HMMM. Darn I thought I had a story for CNN maybe.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

lots of retailers do this type of thing. I'm not sure why this would be a story.

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

And in reality, it sells for 100-102 in Canada and the US at Newegg, Best Buy and other stores.

11. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

It's nothing new, Orbitz already admitted that they blatantly target Mac browsers with higher-end hotel offers. It's all based on their statistical data. Apparently Mac users were much more likely to purchase stays at 4 or 5 star establishments. Mac users are more likely to pay higher prices for quality... imagine that! :p