16 gb vs 32 need some help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Marine0621, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Marine0621 macrumors member

Ok so I'm looking to purchase an iPad 2 which I will be using to do most of my web surfing now along with school work. Now that Apple is coming out with iCloud, I am thinking of going with a 16gb wifi +3g model. Originally I was going to go with the 32gb model but not sure if thats necessary now with iCloud. Also, I have a 32gb iPhone 4 and barely have 8gb of stuff on it. Anyone have any opinions on this matter in terms of whether or not iCloud will really be an advantage in this scenario in terms of being able to go with lesser gb space and still be able to store a lot of stuff on it? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The only thing that would take a huge amount of space would be videos as iCloud doesn't offer a solution for that (yet). Ih you have an iPhone as well which is nowhere near full, then I think 16GB will be fine for you.

3. nwb123 macrumors member

for me, i think go for 32 gbs, the apps in the ipad seems to takeup more space than apps in the iphone so you can't really compare. plus extra space is always better than not having enough.

4. Marine0621 thread starter macrumors member

Yea thats what I was thinking as well. Well, who knows. I'll figure something out hah.

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

This is exactly the issue with the iPad... Apps. Some apps are reaching 1GB sizes and the less internal memory you have, the fewer the apps will will be able to hold at any given time. Songs and videos can be streamed from either the computer or over the cloud / WiFi, but apps are internal.

I always recommend a minimum of 32GB for the iPad. You will use the space, and even if you don't at first, eventually you will, and it is better to have the space, than not. Nothing worse than deleting apps, because you are out of space!