'16 MBP Keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fate0311, Nov 22, 2016.

1. fate0311 macrumors 6502

So it seems my 'C' key is being stubborn, will often not work unless I really jam on it. It is a 2016 base 13" MBP. Anyone else have this issue when using a particular key?

Break in?

2. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

That should not be happening. I would take it to an Apple Store and see what they say.

3. lairdhenn macrumors newbie

lairdhenn

I didn't have that problem, but my I key was wonky, it functioned fine but the noise it made was very obviously different from all the others. I took it back and they gave me a new laptop and refunded a little money for the inconvenience.

Also, just today I returned my 13" non-TB for a 13" TB version and the spacebar on the new one sounds exactly like the rest of the keys, on my old one the touchbar sounded different, I just assumed it was supposed to sound hollow and cheap. If anyone experiences that and finds it as annoying as I did you should look into a replacement as well, this new spacebar sounds 100x better than the old one.

4. unintelligible macrumors newbie

If it was doing it out-of-the-box I would return it. But these butterfly keyboards are very, very sensitive to debris working its way under the key. The tolerances are really tight so if anything gets in there it interferes with the travel of the key and it's also really hard to get it out.

My 12" MacBook would regularly have keys jam and the only way to fix it would be to turn the computer sideways and beat on the key really hard to try to dislodge it. I'd expect the MBP to be the same. I'll be using a keyboard cover with the MBP.

5. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

There are reports of this happening on the 15 model on another thread. It happened to the R key on mine. Couldn't even go through initial setup without it. Right back to the Apple Store it went.