16 vs 8 iphone charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SwimLittleFish, Feb 16, 2009.

1. SwimLittleFish macrumors newbie

Hello, my family and I just bought 3 iphones. My parents both have 8gb, and I have a 16. When I took my phone out to charge, the charger in my box was one with a short head and no sort of side push-ins, when I put it into my phone it charges, but I have to really kinda pull hard to get it out.

Meanwhile, my mom is having the same problem with her charger, which is a longer head and DOES have the push-in things, its hard to pull out. (but I dunno if she noticed the side things...) Anyways, my dad (both mom and dad have 8gig) has the same type of charger as me, and has no trouble getting in or out. I tried out my mom's charger, and it isn't hard to pull out.

So was this a packaging error somewhere along the line? Are 16gb supposed to have this bigger/with side push ins charger, and 8s a skinnier one? Did I do damage to my 16gb with using the 8gb charger?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. SwimLittleFish thread starter macrumors newbie

hm, is there any reason why they make two different ones?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You probably shouldn't have gotten the larger-head one anymore.

Apple doesn't generally ship those anymore, I don't believe. It must have been old stock.

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Thats really weird. They shouldnt have given you the push in ones. All three of you should have gotten this charger:[​IMG]

Note the green dot it has, if its not there then go back to to store and get them changed out

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Are they different like the ones shown in the picture? The[​IMG]

The one in front is the new model and the one in the back is the recalled model. To exchange your recalled models, submit your information in this form or visit an Apple Store with the recalled models. There is not difference in the chargers for different iPhone models. There also is not a difference in the current iPod chargers and iPhone chargers. Some older chargers may not charge the iPhone, though.

David

P.S. - Sorry that the image is so big, it was the best one I could find on Google Images.

6. SwimLittleFish thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the charger me and my dad have have:

[​IMG]

This is the charger my mom has, sorry for the bad angle, I was trying to show the 'push in' sides, sort of like what my old ipod charger had:

[​IMG]

7. KingHuds macrumors 6502

There is absolutely 0 difference except the one that has the release clips, the smaller ones I have noticed get stuck a lot more and are hard to put in, I'm not sure if this will damage the phone, but I just used something to poke the stuck clip in and break it loose and it has worked fine since.