1600 error please help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Dec 24, 2011.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I just bought a iPad 1 off someone that was running 4.3.5 and running a tethered jailbreak. So I came home and was going to update it to iOS 5 but I keep getting 1600 error through iTunes. I used redsnow to put it in PwnedDFU mode but I still get the error. Someone please help I feel like I wasted my money.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

I Googled '1600 error' on the Internet, not on MR, and found the following answer in the first link listed.

This will work with any 16xx error, such as error 1601, 1602, 1603 and 1604. For those of you who want to know why your encountering this error, its because the device wasn’t properly put in DFU mode when attempting to have iTunes restore the custom ipsw with the device.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

your getting the error because apple stopped signing 5.0 firmware you have to go to 5.0.1. However you should be asking in the iPad hack section. Best way to do that Is report the thread and ask the mods to move it there.

4. Ayoabu macrumors newbie

you have to clear your hosts file.

if u have a mac you go to finder, GO--> GO TO FOLDER and search

/private/etc/

find the hosts file. you look for any lines with APPLE in it. you delete it and then save as Hosts in a different folder (desktop for example) and uncheck "if no extension is provided, us ".txt".

then you would drag the NEW hosts file into the /private/etc/ folder and replace the OLD Hosts.

then you would put your iphone into PWNED DFU and restore your iphone.

GOod luck

5. martinirams macrumors newbie

Thank you Ayoabu!

I have been searching the internet all night to find a solution for this I tried pwned DFU, but I kept getting the 1600 error!

But then I found this! the hosts file.. I made the edit and like magic it worked! I didn't even have to use the pwned DFU.
    So I just made an account on here to say thank you Ayoabu! You made my day!

- Martin