160GB Apple TV for $160??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spamdumpster, Mar 25, 2008.

1. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Someone on craigslist is selling a brand-new-still-sealed Apple TV for $160. They said the retail was $230, so it sounds like they think it's the 40GB model. However, I emailed and asked for the product number and the reply was MB189LL/A -- which is the 160GB model.

Seller seems very eager to sell, willing to meet me today, travel to where I work, etc. However, by the tone of the post and the email responses, the seller seems very knowledgeable -- too knowledgeable IMO not to know the difference between the 40GB and 160GB models.

What do people think?

2. spamdumpster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bought it. Not a scam, seller maybe didn't know what he was selling. Feeling good about the deal I got -- brand new 160GB ATV for $160.

3. Globetrotter macrumors regular

Globetrotter

And you don't think it was wrong for not saying anything? How would you feel if you were the seller?

4. capn00 macrumors newbie

Seriously?

I think the saying is "Buyer Beware" not, "make sure you tell the seller that the asking price is too cheap"

5. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I say fair do's for picking up a deal! Its the sellers fault for not realising what he was selling!

Morales aside who in there right mind would accept this offer and then go:

"actually I think its worth more than that, have an extra $100"!

People search eBay for days looking for deals like this!

Enjoy it I say!