Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
My order status is still 'order taken'. Did Play.com contact you Ascender?

John lewis still have it listed on their site for £199 but it is out of stock.

I have friends in the states so I am tempted to ask them to send one over if the play.co order dosen't pan out. Current exchange rates makes the 160GB ($329) £170, which leaves plenty of lea way for postage costs. Is the US spec any different except for the mains cable? I know their TV system is different.

No, they never contacted me. I just noticed that they were "packing" the cables but not the ATV. So I called them to make sure there was no chance of getting it before I just cancelled it online.

armhol

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
No, they never contacted me. I just noticed that they were "packing" the cables but not the ATV. So I called them to make sure there was no chance of getting it before I just cancelled it online.

Thanks for the info.

I'm just going to leave my order run until they contact me.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Check your order status out and see what it says. Basically if I hadn't called them, it would have sat at "waiting for stock" indefinitely as the item code has been deleted from their system, so it'll never come back in to stock!

I was told to try my local John Lewis store tomorrow as they tend to get new stock in on a Tuesday morning.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
John Lewis have now sorted out the price on the 160Gb version but its still not in stock.

Barney6871

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
So are we all with our orders then?

For me, it was in stock when i ordered, then sunday showed awaiting stock, then Tuesday this changed to 'order placed' then 'processing' and today is showing as 'posted'

Not counting my chickens until it shows up on my credit card, but it is looking better than it did

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005

For me, it was in stock when i ordered, then sunday showed awaiting stock, then Tuesday this changed to 'order placed' then 'processing' and today is showing as 'posted'

Not counting my chickens until it shows up on my credit card, but it is looking better than it did

Nice one!

If its gone to posted then you're sorted surely?

Are you able to check your credit card and see how much they charged you for it?

philb10

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Mine arrived this morning

I ordered mine over the weekend when I saw the offer on hotukdeals.com. It was in stock.
I forgot to go via quidco, but the unit was delivered this morning.

I can confirm that it's a standard Apple TV 160G. The Apple TV box was shrinkwrapped and delivered in what appeared to be an apple shipping box which was inside the box from play.com.

I'm working from home today, so got the chance this morning to plug it in and configure it. Took 5 minutes and works perfectly. I'll start putting media onto it tonight.

Phil B.

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
AGGGGGHHHHH. That was me that posted the deal on HotUkDeals.com but I was too much of a loser to actually buy it cause I thought it would be cancelled!

I hate myself right now...

philb10

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Well it was a good spot. Thanks!

I was intending to buy a 40G on Sunday when I saw the 160G on the Saturday at play.com.

If they had cancelled, I'd have just picked up the 40G a week later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.