160gb or 250gb

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacHappytjg, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

so ive decided to up grade my hdd on my macbook and am not sure to go with the 250 or 160 its a 1.83ghz and ive heard that it gets hot really fast so what hdd should i get and does it really get that hot that fast

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i always go with getting the best you can afford. its not going to get THAT hot, and your really going to appreciate the extra space in the long run.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

If you don't need the extra space the 250GB gives you over the 160GB, I say go with the smaller drive and use some of the cost savings to upgrade your RAM to 2GB. It will make a significant difference over the 512MB you list in your sig.

4. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Whatever makes you happy, though they say if you have a bigger HD with less stuff on it, your mac will be snappy.

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

well i think im going to go with the bigger cause im probably gunna get rid of my imac that holds all my stuff and i just bought a 512 stick for 10$ to get up to 768mb of ram cause photobooth ran a little slow using the extra affects

6. quest4apple macrumors member

Good choice. Hard drive space is kind of like time. You will always fill whatever you have available and wonder what you did before when you had less.

I always suggest going for the biggest drive you can afford.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

With a bigger hard drive, you should purchase a bigger external hard drive for backup. :cool:

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Oh yeah, upgrading to 768 MB RAM most likely won't increase your productivity in Photoshop due to you losing Dual Channel functionality.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to 2 GB.

9. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

nah everything runs fast just the photobooth im not picky