1680x1050 on 15" - worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ninjaboi21, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ninjaboi21 macrumors member

Hi MacRumors,

I'm pleased to see the new MacBook Pro - have really waited a long time to see it, and the Sandy Bridge i7 Quad-core is just awesome. If I should stay at low-end or high-end, I am not so sure.. It's a 450$ difference for me in Denmark, but I guess I'll wait and eventually see if any benchmark/reviews pops up @ uTewb (YouTube). What do you choose?

My question is: should I go for the 1680x1050 resolution on a 15" MacBook Pro - talking glossy, not anti-glare here - would that be worth it? It's my first Apple notebook, so I have no idea if it's going to be too small or eye candy. My current Mac Mini is connected to a 22" with 1680x1050 which I think is nice.

I would use it for some web browsing, Photoshop, school (projects, studying etc.), Modern Warfare 2, eventually World of Warcraft - would the low-end graphiccard keep up with those game @ 1680x1050 or would I have to upgrade to hi-end model?

2. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

If you are even considering using Photoshop, get the higher res screen

3. ninjaboi21 thread starter macrumors member

If I took the low-end MacBook Pro 15", will I be able to play World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare on the 1680x1050 resolution? Even if it means low settings? Or would I have to go with high-end MacBook Pro 15" to get satisfying FPS?

4. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah I have the same question...
    All I do is surf the web, music, movies, microsoft office, etc...no editing or anything like that.

5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

If you have no eyesight problems, and can see it comfortably, you can't go wrong with the higher resolution screen.
    The only people I know to not like it are in the older age groups, and used to lower resolution monitors.
    Personally, I love the Antiglare.