16gb 4G LTE or 32gb Wifi iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrXiro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I picked up the Verizon iPad today in 16gb flavor and even though my last 2 iPads have been 16gb I feel like maybe I should have gone with 32gb... I also got the Verizon model cause I figured I'd can have the option to use/play around with 4G.

I mainly use my iPad at the gym to watch movies on the elliptical so it's not like I NEED to have a ton of movies on. I went with the 4G cause I'm curious how well it works. Still haven't tested it out yet and I don't know when I'd actually want to drop 20-50 bones a month just to surf and stream movies on my iPad while away from home... most likely I'd just do it at the gym... which seems like a silly waste of time. Any good real world usage for my LTE model?

What would you guys do in your situations? iPad 16gb LTE or 32gb Wifi?

2. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

What did or would the lot of you choose or did choose?

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I was in your exact situation. I wanted a 16 GB LTE, but I decided not to go that route for something I may not use. I didn't want to sacrifice 16 GBs of storage for something as a "just in case" scenario. I say sacrifice only because I wanted to keep it under 700 so it was either 16 LTE or 32 Wi-Fi.

I got the 32 GB Wi-FI and couldn't have be happier. As of this post, I've already used roughly 9 GB's and that's with 1 movie and 2 pages of apps. If I had gotten a 16, I'd almost be out of space.

Of course it all boils down to what you think you'll need. While I may not need LTE, others might.

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I really like the Verizon LTE! This is the first time I had an iPad that wasn't just wifi and I think I waited til the right time. LTE is so fast that I forgot I was on it for a half hour at my house instead of wifi. If you really can't do the 32 lte than I would do 16 LTE!

5. magicbrain macrumors regular

32 wifi is you need space

1 big advantage of 3G /4G for me is true GPS. i use is as my nav system in the car & only 3g / 4G will work on a highway (wifi triangulates location of wifi spots)

6. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Well I've been fine with 16gb so far. But yeah the hi res apps and all this new stuff I'm worried we may finally be at the age where it isn't enough storage. Granted I don't even put that much HD on my iPad. But I've noticed that SD actually looks bad now.

7. eikast macrumors member

I think that you should save money and then purchase the 32 GB LTE version.?

8. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I may... But that extra hundred is... oof. No matter how I cut it.

9. Djentleman macrumors regular

Djentleman

I'm really glad that I got my 32gb Wi-Fi because I've already used 14gb and that's without movies or music just apps and photos.

10. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I was just in your spot. Just can't see myself spending another $100. Thought in the end, I think I'm more happy with having LTE as an option over an extra 16GB just in case storage.

11. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I'm liking the LTE but currently besides being a complete novelty (oooh look at me I'm on my iPad surfing the webs while outside of Chipotle... :p ) I'm not really utilizing it to it's fullest. Since I got mine from Best Buy and have a premiere silver account, I get 45 days to decide... also got 30 days of 4G to use up too!

I got my first Smart cover yesterday though... and besides the back not being very protected I'm loving it! It feels nicer than the cheap knock off ones you find on Amazon and Ebay and I LOVED my Khomo case I had for my iPad 2.