macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I have already:

16GB 4S on T-Mobile
Nexus 4 on T-Mobile
Nexus 7 on T-Mobile

I've been wanting to get an iPad mini and today is payday, THE DAY.

I've been going back and forth with wanting the 16GB AT&T version because it would be nice to finally experience LTE.

Then of course I had to check out MicroCenter and I could get a 64GB WiFi model for $499.

How the heck does anyone ever decide? ! ? ! :eek:

1ST world problm for sure.

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
I have already:

16GB 4S on T-Mobile
Nexus 4 on T-Mobile
Nexus 7 on T-Mobile

I've been wanting to get an iPad mini and today is payday, THE DAY.

I've been going back and forth with wanting the 16GB AT&T version because it would be nice to finally experience LTE.

Then of course I had to check out MicroCenter and I could get a 64GB WiFi model for $499.

How the heck does anyone ever decide? ! ? ! :eek:

1ST world problm for sure.
Settle in the middle for 32GB LTE? :)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD535LL/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-with-wi-fi-cellular-for-att-32gb-black-slate

If you go Apple refurb you can get it for $469 for the 32GB LTE or $549 for 64GB
Or go 64GB wifi and tether :)

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
Do you need 64GB? If you do then you have no choice. If you want connectivity other than WiFI then --- you have no choice.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
It's Ok, the money lives another day in my bank account. Fell asleep a little and slept passed the time I wanted to go to any store.

Will probably put it off for awhile. $500 is a lot of money for me.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Dont seem like it, seeing so many devices you got ....:D

I didn't pay much for them The most expensive was the Nexus 7 that I got on CL for $300.

I did reserve an open box 32GB Black LTE mini for $468 at Micro Center. I didn't pay yet and they will hold it for me till Friday. I would have ordered it from Apple but it wouldn't be here till next week. For $6 more I can have it as soon as 10AM tomorrow morning.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Methinks you will have more devices than hands.

Oh wait, you already do.

Maybe the fact that it is payday and you now have enough to buy the Mini doesn't mean you have to spend all your $$ to get one. It's a saying, it doesn't actually burn a hole in your pocket.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
How the heck does anyone ever decide?
Same as anything else out there: consider your needs/wants and buy what suits you best. You haven't posted anything that helps us to help you. What's your current utilization like? What do you anticipate it to be in the future? You should be able to answer whether or not you need/want cellular. Don't put the cart before the horse. If you just look at all the options without any thoughts to your needs/wants then it's no surprise that you're in that boat.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Same as anything else out there: consider your needs/wants and buy what suits you best. You haven't posted anything that helps us to help you. What's your current utilization like? What do you anticipate it to be in the future? You should be able to answer whether or not you need/want cellular. Don't put the cart before the horse. If you just look at all the options without any thoughts to your needs/wants then it's no surprise that you're in that boat.
I ended up getting the 32GB AT&T version. Been very happy with it so far.

The apps compared to the same apps that I had running on my Nexus 7 are incredible.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I ended up getting the 32GB AT&T version. Been very happy with it so far.

The apps compared to the same apps that I had running on my Nexus 7 are incredible.
So you ended up with the mini?

I just got an iPad 4 16gb and I'm debating whether or not to return and get a 32gb mini...

Retina is nice but might just be a luxury at this point; print isn't so bad on the mini like some had mentioned.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
So you ended up with the mini?

I just got an iPad 4 16gb and I'm debating whether or not to return and get a 32gb mini...

Retina is nice but might just be a luxury at this point; print isn't so bad on the mini like some had mentioned.
The only time I have noticed the text being not so sharp was when reading a book. You just have to experiment with font sizes and different fonts to find the right one.

Other than that, the colors and graphics on the mini are amazing. very happy with my purchase.

A side note: I have all 13,500 songs of mine in iTunes Match so I do not have to have any on my iPad. The only problem is that my recently played and play counts are not updating in iTunes when I play them on the iPad using iTunes Match but they do when I play them on my iPhone 4S. Not sure what is going on there.