16GB iPad 2 or 32GB iPad 1?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thadoggfather, Apr 24, 2011.

?

Which one?

1. iPad 1 32GB

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. iPad 2 16GB

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Bought a 32GB iPad gen 1 for 399 at verizon earlier this month. considering reselling to get 16gb gen2 for +100 (assuming I can get the equivalent of my money back in resell value). Then I got the incase book jacket which i love for my gen 1 but switcheasy canvas for gen 2 looks slicker admitedly.

But looking at YouTube videos, doesnt seem like much of a difference for what I do in the comparisons.

Plus I jailbreak all my iDevices and gen 1 you can, gen 2 you can't.

I wonder if it will be jailbroken before iPhone 5 comes out, that's where the "iPhone dev team" shines. Plus geohot split the a4 bootrom in half with limera1n, not sure when we'll see another.

Eventually but when? When it's close to gen 3? Then maybe I should opt for gen 3.

Dont need the cams. But I read mixed things about upgrading. Some say so worth it from 3G to 3GS difference (and I loved the boost on that upgrade) but when I play with iPad 2 in stores and see comparison videos online, gaming aside, it seems like a gross exaggeration of the difference. 2x more CPU and 9x graphics? I dont care much for graphics in real world for what I do, and twice as fast? I dont see it twice as fast by being usually only a second behind.

Thoughts? Seems like I just talked myself out of it.

But getting my hands on a 16GB gen 2 for $499 wouldn't be that tough, I know the right store to go to at the right time in my area.

256MB of ram was my biggest concern with iPad 1, and it certainly could use more, but it doesnt seem to bother me as much as i thought it would. and im a casual, angry birds gamer at best. for 3d games, i'll play a console or just not bother at all. kind of grew out of anything more than casual addicitng game these days. i guess i played way too many when i was younger.

2. Kupp macrumors regular

I would go with the 16 GB with the better hardware, you can always resort to streaming from your real computer.

3. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

You are wasting your time, because your assumption of getting ~$399 back from selling your 1-month old iPad is invalid, with all the other iPad 1’s in the used market.

There is no decision to be made here.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Already have a potential buyer lined up for 400 if I wanted to bite.

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

just sold it for $400 cash money.

Getting a 16gb iPad 2. I think you guys are right.

White or black, probably whatever is in stock.

If I had a preference, I don't know which I'd go with. I think I'd be happy with either. Getting switcheasy canvas too. looks great!

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

9. GP_1 macrumors regular

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

called around like crazy today just to see waht was up while at work.

everywhere sold out.

went ot best buy on my lunch break, a line formed then they said they only had 64gb verizon. great, not only do i want 16 wifi, but verizon would be the less preferable 3g model if i had to get a 3g model because its not int'l.

waiting for a 16gb wifi. will probably spring for either color in stock but i think maybe black if i had a choice. doesnt matter much either way.

fingers crossed a shipment comes into this small store that sat on a 16gb wifi for most of saturday (should have bought then, i still had ipad 1 tho and didnt want to own both ipads, cant afford it).

I'll get it. patience tho.