16gb iPad + LTE or 32gb iPad wifi

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JuliusPap, Mar 11, 2012.

1. JuliusPap macrumors newbie

i just need advice on which one i should get before i pre-order. i had a 3g ipad2 16gb and used it no hassles but never used the 3g. although i use pages and the document cloud features so i dont know, but i can tether with my iPhone 4s... Please help me choose because ill spend 10000 years choosing which one haha! 32gb seems like more options i can use iPad for but the 3g,4g features might be useful.......

thanks

2. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

It is up to you, but if you have iPhone 4 with 3g, is there a really need to have another 3g for iPad as well? If personal hotspot is not enough for you, go for LTE, but if you're okay with 3g tethering, go with 32, what I suggest.

3. JuliusPap thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah the reason is i live in australia and the 4g connections dont support the US LTE so im just confused ! i came from a iPad 2 3g and 16gb i hardly used the 3g , but yeah

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you had a 3G and never used it and nothing in your routine has changed to where you have an immediate, concrete use for it then odds are high you won't use the 4G anymore than the 3G.

5. JuliusPap thread starter macrumors newbie

you are the boss! thanks :D

6. ru4real macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Plus, with either iCloud or other cloud options do you even really need 32GB? I just got a 32GB iPhone 4S because I want my music library in my pocket. That's covered now so I don't see the need for that much storage on an iPad.

7. erawsd macrumors 6502

Well, the retina resolution is going to increase app size significantly. Apple's updated iwork and ilife apps all doubled in size. If you only intend on having a page or two of apps and not storing photos/videos/games on it then 16gb would be ok.