iPad mini 16GB iPad Mini or 16GB Refurbished iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pinkstiletto66, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

I never owned an ipad, and my 13 inch pro does not have retina, so I have not been spoiled by retina, so... with that said I want to order one of these in the next few days, but I don't know which to go with. This is mainly for my son, but I am going to use it. The plan was to get a 16GB mini because he's a small child, and it may be more portable around the house for him. Although when his teacher came to the house he managed the regular size pretty well.

My son has special needs so it's mainly for his learning apps. With that said, the only difference is size, $50 more for the 3, 1080 HD on the mini, and the ipad 3 has 5x processor, plus retina. I also intended on getting the ipad mini 2 when it came out as my main one (I do plan on having one for him and one for myself.) I heard the new Ipad will be a smaller version, so that intrigued me, but the price might not, although not totally out of the ball park.

Which one should I get? I'm leaning more towards the mini, because of the size it is for travel. Also, is 16 GB enough especially as it will eventually be my son's. I only intend on us watching youtube nursery rhymes, taking pictures of himself, maybe put some soothing music on there, and I will be web surfing.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

I love the form factor of my Mini and plus if you want a slightly larger screen, you have your MBP... Mini ftw :)

3. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just received it, and I do not know if it's from reading reviews, etc, but a part of me feels like I want the Retina (mind you I never really compared the two in person.) I find that watching certain videos on youtube (the mobile site, not the app) people look a bit not as clear. I don't know if you can change the viewing to HD.

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I prefer my iPad3 to the iPad mini, and I gave it a good period of time as well.