16GB iPhone 3G declared EOL by Brightpoint - Vodafone's suppliers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0mat0, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

http://www.mactalk.com.au/2009/05/2...declared-end-of-life-by-vodafone-brightpoint/
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/22/32gb-iphone-placeholder-appears-at-t-mobile-austria/

MacTalk reports that "a trusted source" brought this to their attention - "Vodafone has sent out an email to retail staff stating that the 16GB iPhone has been marked as “End of Life” by Brightpoint, their supplier of iPhones."

They point out that the 8GB isn’t EOL, but the 16GB is. So will they make the 8GB the value option?

Text says:
    So it's also saying stock is at limited availability. Maybe the 8Gb isn't EOL, if they haven't been selling much of them at all anyway? (In the comments NeoRicen points out that Aussie carriers are seemingly desperate to try and get rid of stock "Optus has a $0 8GB on a $49 plan promotion".

Take into account that Tmobile's Austrian website briefly displayed a placeholder for a 32GB model (they put one up erroneously last time too, so it's a possible indication).
    AT&T? Refurbished iPhone 3G 8GB for $99 and free shipping, 16Gb for $149 according to 9to5mac

Maybe they'll have 4 handsets a store for launch day? ;)

Attached Files:

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Wow. Thats a really good find. I started to have my doubts about a new iPhone but this certianly helps restore my hope. Again, good find!

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Why would you have had any doubts? Of course there will be a new iPhone this summer. There will also be one next summer, and the summer after that, as well. Count on it. ;)

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Mostly because of the lack of any real substantial rumors. Last year we saw a lot more leading to the launch. I guess I was just being pessimistic.

5. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

32GB iPhone Advertised, 16GB End of Life'd?

Why would they keep the 8gig but kill the 16 gig?

6. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Maybe they're going to be upgrading the 16GB as opposed to just discontinuing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.