16gb iPhone 3GS availability in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pointer, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Pointer macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I am wanting to purchase a 16gb iPhone 3GS in the next few days on PAYG, I would prefer white but am not too fussed about colour.

Checking the Apple Store availability tracker last night at 9pm not a single Apple store in the country has the 16gb model in stock. It is shipping in 5 days if you order it from the Apple online store. O2 are out of stock online and the 2 stores I have called this morning and Carphonewarehouse are also out of stock online.

Is it possible to buy the 16gb model anywhere in the country at the minute? Anybody had any success?

Pointer

2. DrunkenMunky macrumors member

i managed to buy mine from the 02 website a couple days ago.

I went onto the website, and it said it was out of stock.

I refreshed... and they were in stock! So i quickly bought it.

Seconds after.. they were out of stock again.

Good luck on your search. I know 02 stores receive their stock on fridays... so it might be worth calling them asking if they have any.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

5 = a few, surely? ;)

4. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

I am selling my iPhone 3G to a friend on Friday so really want the 3GS on Thursday so that I can get it all setup before I sell my 3G. I can't live without an iPhone for any amount of time!

5. shrewd macrumors member

Does anyone know, if i order the 3GS off apples website with the arrival of 5 days, will I then be able to insure it with o2, or does it have to be bought from an o2 store/o2 online to be able to get o2 insurance?

6. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

Well the availability tracker has updated and still no 16gb anywhere in the uk. At this rate I am going to have to get a 32gb!

7. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

And still no 16gb models in any of the Apple Stores in the UK. My wife is going to kill me on Friday if I have to buy the 32gb model (I on the other hand will be quite happy, albeit only until she kills me!).

8. saldawop macrumors regular

The O2 shop in Enfield had 16gb and 32gb models in white only . Phoned them up looking for a black one :( .Not much use if nowehre near Enfield I guess.

9. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

Is that in PAYG? The 2 stores I have phoned haven't got any PAYG at all.

I won't be too upset if I have to get a 32gb, the extra memory will certainly come in handy for video recording which is one of the main reasons I want the upgrade.

10. saldawop macrumors regular

TBH Im not sure. I just thought they had a phone, if you wanted it on PAYG, they picked out a PAYG sim and if you wanted it on contract then they picked out a contract sim :rolleyes: .May go for the white on PAYG, if so will phone them again tomorrow.

11. kitenski macrumors regular

kitenski

Could you share the link to the availability tracker please?

Thanks ,

Greg

12. shortcrust macrumors 6502

13. kitenski macrumors regular

kitenski

14. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

Well all's well that ends well. Went to the Trafford Centre Apple Store this morning, got there at 9:50 to find another guy waiting to also buy a 16gb White iPhone 3GS. Went in at 10am and was out again within 5 minutes. The guy who served me said the phones had just come in last night and they were expecting to sell them quite quickly. Really great service as always whenever I have been to the store. Didn't have to top up the PAYG sim that he gave me and I was only without an iPhone for about 2 hours! Currently got 1500 more songs to sync onto my new phone then I am good to go.