16GB iPhone Difference......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AREM, Feb 18, 2008.

1. AREM macrumors newbie

I finally got my 16GB iPhone, and it is a HELL of alot louder than my 8GB. Anyone else notice this?

2. EmptyPockets macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed this?

The speaker is louder?

3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I noticed it between my 4GB (August '07) to my 8GB (January '08)... the speaker is much louder on the 8GB.

Could have been a silent fix in the late model iPhones.

4. camarobh macrumors 6502

I have noticed it too, but honestly am not sure if it is just me or really louder. I have read so many posts about it being louder or softer after software upgrades, exchanges, etc.

I have noticed that the quality of the phone seems to have improved, the screen is brighter and clearer, the bluetooth function is clearer (less static), and I can fit a whole lot of content on the phone now.

I had an 8GB from launch day until yesterday when I bought a new 16GB.

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

The speaker on my 8GB is pretty useless for calls.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I agree that the volume is loud on the newer iPhones but it is not just limited to the 16GB models.

I exchanged my week 26 iPhone bought July 6 because of the volume problems. I finally got tired of it in January and Apple gave me a new week 1 8GB. The volume on the 8GB was loud. I mean I could hear it in my pocket when SMS and new mail would come in as well as new calls.

I bought a second 8GB a few weeks later and it too had loud volume.

I bought a 16GB on day one at the AT&T store and it too has loud volume.

It seems they finally fixed the volume issues that the early iPhones had. The software updates were supposed to fix the problems but they never did on my original iPhone. I think Apple fixed it with the hardware over the last few months and it's not the software at all.

7. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol, I couldn't agree more. What a piece of turd, if these silent fixes are true, I might have to turn in my old school Day 1 iPhone for a fresh new 16gb flavor.

8. 4phun macrumors member

I had both and didn't notice too much of a difference but I am near deaf from years of working around heavy equipment.

I have discovered that if you hold the phone with your hand cupped slight below the bottom so that if forms a giant reverse ear pointed at your face it is dramatically louder to the user. You can check it by making the cup shape and removing it while listening.

I also made the mistake of leaving the plastic film on the phone for a couple of weeks. I thought the phone sucked in normal mode only to discover there was a big improvment when I pulled the film off.