16GB iPod Nano Shipping Times (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NightFox, Oct 5, 2009.

1. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Hi,

Has anyone in the UK recently ordered a Nano from the online Apple Store? I've just ordered a 16GB black one which it says will ship within 24hrs, but it quotes delivery within 3-5 working days. I go away Friday, and need this by Thursday (left my trusty old classic iPod Photo on the plane last week :mad:).

I know stuff from Apple often arrives earlier than the expected date, but wondered what people's experience was with the Nano currently.

Thanks.

2. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Apple stuff tends to cost the same wherever you buy it. So if you need it so quickly, it's often better to just visit an Apple store, or even somewhere like PC World, Asda or Tesco to buy one on the spot.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

4. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68000

NightFox

I'm 50 miles from my closest Apple store, and lots of non-Apple stores like Tescos and Argos don't seem to have a great deal of 5G Nano stock yet, especially the 16GB, and even then some of them seem to be slightly more expensive at the moment. Plus I get 3% back off Quidco and the 14-day returns policy with Apple Store.

Anyway, shipping estimate has now updated to next couple of days, so looks more promising.

Thanks for the advice though!

5. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68000

NightFox

They use both I think, RM for smaller products.

Mine says "Fast Ship EMEA" which is courier, thought I've had stuff say this before and still take a few days.