Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I have a hunch that the 6G ipod ( true video ipod) is already complete and that apple is waiting until prices for flash memory go down so that they can put 16Gb into the Nano. This will now allow them to have a clickwheel nano for music buffs and have a video ipod for those who dont care about losing the click wheel... Please post your thoughts on this...

Retired
May 16, 2006
Maybe...I mean they're both on the way. BTW, why would it be 'music buffs' wanting a clickweel and not others? If anything, buffs want much more storage...

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Maybe...I mean they're both on the way. BTW, why would it be 'music buffs' wanting a clickweel and not others? If anything, buffs want much more storage...

Ture but there are alot of people who just use the ipod for music, and they love the click wheel. I dont think that people are going to be all to happy to lose it if apple dumps it. I really do think that cleary with the fully functional iphone done, the only logical conclusion can be that the ipod is done too. I think and hope apple is going to release a 16gb nano in tandem with the ipod video..

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
But can anyone really see this happening any time soon? The forums are full of threads about new MB's MBP's MP's Displays Mini etc etc ... and flash is still very expensive at those sizes. Even apple needs time to push everything through the pipe line, and we all know how they like to make us wait for things.

I think 6G iPods won't be released until at least August, and even that seems a little optimistic.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
But can anyone really see this happening any time soon? The forums are full of threads about new MB's MBP's MP's Displays Mini etc etc ... and flash is still very expensive at those sizes. Even apple needs time to push everything through the pipe line, and we all know how they like to make us wait for things.

I think 6G iPods won't be released until at least August, and even that seems a little optimistic.

I put the release date of the next hardware refresh for the iPod in September 2007, when we see the phaseout of the 2 GB nano in favor of an improved 2 GB iPod Shuffle, the introduction of the 16 GB nano, and the arrival of the 6G iPod with full screen display, touchscreen controls, and either 80 GB or 120 GB hard drive storage.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I see this happening where the 16GB Nano is available, the 80GB current video iPod is still available now at $299 ($50 less) and the new true video iPod comes out at $399 & $499 though possibly just one model.

Remember that though the clickwheel is gone, the video iPod will have the gesture scrolling cover flow and flipable album art.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I really wish Apple would just hurry the hell up and out these video iPods. Seems like we have been waiting years for them.

Plus my 2G mini is finally on the fritz :( but I don't wanna buy the 5.5G one since I do want to use it for watching tv shows on the bus/in economics class (*Y-A-W-N*) and the little screen it just too little.

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Well does anyone doubt that the true video ipod is not finished already...?

I really wish Apple would just hurry the hell up and out these video iPods. Seems like we have been waiting years for them.

Plus my 2G mini is finally on the fritz :( but I don't wanna buy the 5.5G one since I do want to use it for watching tv shows on the bus/in economics class (*Y-A-W-N*) and the little screen it just too little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.