16GB or 32GB are you back ordered (ATT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbrowntruck, Jun 18, 2010.

?

What model did you order and are you back ordered?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2010.
  1. Back ordered / 32GB Black

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Back ordered / 16GB Black

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Not Back ordered / 32GB Black

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Not Back ordered / 16GB Black

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. bigbrowntruck macrumors member

Seems a lot of the screenshots I am seeing are showing 32GB more likely to be backordered. Lets do a poll.

32GB Black - Back ordered for me.

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

I don't think the 'backordered' status matters at this point. Come the 22nd or 23rd and you don't have any tracking information, then make a thread about it. Maybe.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the size, but if it makes you feel any better: 32gb backordered

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

For Premier members the back order status DOES NOT MATTER, especially if you ordered early. All Premiere orders are on a different system, once the order goes in just igore AT&T regular status page (the one via the att my wireless webpage)

I just got off the phone, AGAIN, with a premier supervisor and she confirmed that my "backordered" order is complete and will arrive the 24th. (I spoke with a regular premier rep after holding for 45 minutes, who then escalated my call)

You NEED to call Premier support and ask for a supervisor if you want accurate info, regular AT&T support knows nothing about our orders other than what we can already see.

Ordered 6/15 5:30 a.m Email seconds later, card charged, 32GB "back ordered", order processed 6/15

5. bigbrowntruck thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Ferris23. Lets hope you are right, as I am in that boat. I guess we will find out for sure on the 24th. So many different answers from ATT you don't know who is right or wrong. Supervisor would be more likely to be right I would hope :)

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I know I am right, and so are the 3 supervisors I have talked to.

Just look on here, ALL Premier members are back ordered as per AT&T MY Wireless account. If you check the status on the Premier order status page it's a different layout and it says processing, if there is a problem it usually says Attention. I'm of the opinion that Premier customers really should ONLY be checking their status via the Premier order status page. The two departments are separate entities and while the orders can be placed via the My wireless AT&T website, what happens after that is out of the regular AT&T system as far as updates. Now, under normal circumstances you probably would get updates more frequently but since ATT is getting dominated, don't count on it and don't rely on it.

Like I said, she told me my order is complete, all it has to do is ship on the 23rd via overnight shipping. Her words, she assured me. All I can do is take her word and cross my fingers.

7. Guitar7272 macrumors member

+1. I called yesterday and spoke to a rep. I told him that I had ordered around 7:30AM EST and was showing backordered on the page while my brother, who had ordered from a store around 11:30AM EST, wasn't.

He told me that they are on two separate systems and to ignore the backordered status - it just means they do not have them physically in hand yet. He reviewed my order and said that the phone/sim was already tied to my account, the phone was ready for activation and that as soon as it hit the warehouse it would be shipped to me. He told me to look for an email on the 22nd or 23rd with the shipping information and to expect it on the 24th.

8. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

They mentioned that to me as well today, being ready for activation etc..

I panicked for a sec and thought she said it was activated which is not what I wanted because I'm doing an upgrade swap, but she just said ready....

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Not backordered, 16GB. Rep told me I should expect mine by the 24th if my credit card situation goes well :(

10. mikee336 macrumors member

Please make an "OFFICIAL" <(LMAO cus every single thread here seems tobe official lately anyway haha) thread about this so people stop worrying... I too called support and heard the same thing... My order says backordered but they assured me both phones are set asside with my name and ready to go!