Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eutexian

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Mapperley, Nottingham UK
huh?

OWC's 16Gb costs $280

Ah.. my bad for not looking at the date on the webpage (July 2011) thats a BIG fall in price. I came across it when i was investigating RAM upgrades for my mini.

$1400 down to $280 :D

You have to feel sorry for anyone who paid the initial price.

This was the page I looked at: http://tinyurl.com/3d5trh7

It will, i'm sure, be interesting to see how much further the price falls as other resellers get in on the act.

Last edited:

elliotn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Scan.co.uk refunded me for the faulty Corsair RAM today. Their email is a bit cryptic, but it looks like they ran their own tests with Memtest and found the RAM to be faulty. They never queried me about using the RAM in a Mac or a Mac mini.

Crucial have put their prices up again, so there's a big difference between their RAM and Corsair's (£185 vs £105). I had a bad experience with the Corsair, but if you're on a tight budget it might be worth trying it from scan.co.uk - test it, and return if not happy.

Elliot

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
I've never had good luck with Corsair ram, 3 sets bought, all failed either out of the box, or within 30 days. All were returned and I haven't bought ram from them since. I do have one of their power supplies in a pc, and its been great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.