iPad 16GB too little for iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hunt2013, Sep 22, 2015.

1. hunt2013 macrumors regular

Saw the ad for the iPad Air 2 on Staples for $150 off but my location only had the 16GB model in stock. I bit the bullet and love it. Thing I noticed though is I have iCloud Photos on Apple Music on and have 5GB left with all the apps I think I would need. My question is does anyone think with all the cloud services available and I would only be using on Wifi if I would need more.

Thoughts? I have a 64GB phone and only use 7.3GB so I am not too concerned especially since it will only used on Wifi.

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

The Staples deal is also available online. My local Staples didn't have any so I ordered mine online (128GB, arrived in 2 days).

If you can afford the bump up to 64GB then I suggest returning the 16GB and ordering the 64GB online.

I don't know how long you keep your devices, but it is more likely that you will keep the Air 2 longer than you would your Phone.... especially since the Air 2 is the first gen of iPad that can fully support iOS 9. Having a bit more storage capacity will increase the probability of being positioned to handle the new stuff that comes down the line... a killer app, a killer service, maybe some new addition to iOS introduced in 9.1 or beyond.

3. hunt2013 thread starter macrumors regular

Is it back in stock? Last I checked it wasn't available for shipping. Also I paid half cash and half debit so I needed it to be in store.

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Ah, you'd probably have to do something with the cash (deposit it and use debit, or buy a Staples gift card with it and use it online).

I just checked now... here's what it says: (shipping, 2 days)
    upload_2015-9-22_9-20-27.png

5. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I had no problem PM with BB last night. For a wifi iPad, I can stream movies or music with iCloud, so 16gb is enough for me, even with 2gb of photos on photostream.

6. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

How cash is the silver iPad? Ill buy that.

7. hunt2013 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking. I use it for browsing and maybe light school work but those are shoved into onedrive.

8. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

64gb would be more future proof but it depends on what you use it for. Augmented with cloud storage you can get by so long as you don't have too many large apps. But chances are the longer you own the iPad the more uses you may find for it and 16gb may run out fairly quick. But if it's just going to be a web browsing, email, and streaming device then you should be fine.

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

16GB is a joke in iPads. Same entry size as the iPad 1, 5 years ago.

10. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

I don't really store anything on my iPads so 16 is more then enough for me.

11. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

just got my air 2 with 16gb. The first iPad I had (iPad 2) was 32gb, since that time, I've been fine with 16gb. It all depends on how you use them. I use mine mostly as an ebook and web browsing device. Now my iPhone on the other hand, is 128gb.