16gb vs 8gb size difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daveym, Mar 16, 2008.

1. daveym macrumors newbie

Hi all.

Im new to the iphone world, i am considering joining your elite ranks and buyin one in a couple of weeks when my current o2 contract runs out. I mean they just look quality! ive though about whether to get a case and things, but think im gona get some art stuff for the back..check out this webpage

http://www.urbanretro.co.uk/GelaSki...Skins--Covers-Apple-iPhone-8GB-p-2-c-393.html

This shuld also give some protection for the back.

Now the 16gb has been released i think i should get that one because i have like 8gb of music on my computer and dont want to slow an 8gb iphone to the point of uselessness (does this happen by the way ...the more music u put in).

So my question is, is the 16gb iphone the same size, same dimensions as an 8gb, so if i were to get one of those art sticker things for the back (even tho they state they r for 8gb ones, would they fit a 16gb one.

Thanks very much! :apple:

2. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

3. jakealdred macrumors member

jakealdred

get the 16 GB
    coz the SDK apps and text messages and videos photos contacts callender and probs many more
    use memory
    also a 8Gb only has 7.23GB after the os has been installed so the 16Gb defo!
    -jake
    p.s. there the same size!

4. Surely Guest

Surely

The 4,8,and 16 GB iPhones all have the same dimensions (they are all the same size).

I don't believe the phone slows down with more music on it.

I'd recommend the 16 GB- you already have 8GBs of music, and if you want it all on your iPhone, you'll need the space. Plus, you'll eventually add to your collection, and let's not forget podcasts, videos, photos, and all the new apps that will be released starting in June.

5. sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have both models and both phones are exactly the same. Loading the 16GB too capacity does not slow it down in any way.

Usable space on the 16GB is 14.8.