16GB WiFi-only, Qty 5 at ALL Walmarts

Tribefan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I'm at Walmart and the guy just checked the inventory in the back. He said there's only 5 iPads and they're all 16 GB and that all Walmarts got the same shipment. Don't know if all of what he said is 100% true, but I thought I'd pass it on.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's not true. People at other walmart are reporting seeing 16, 32, and 64gb available. Apparently not a lot of white versions however.

Hoggles

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Portlandia
No.

Zero chance that employee is right, unless it's an uber rural Walmart...even then.

Find it hard to believe that any Walmart would only get 5 of anything...ya know....let alone an order from Apple.

*Apple: "Hi Walmart store, how does 5 iPads sound for launch day?"

*Walmart: "More than enough, thank you so much!"

*Apple: "Have a nice day"

They got a pallet or 2...guaranteed. Probably all the sizes of black WiFi's.

The forum is about to flood with peeps coming from east coast Wallys...for sure :)

mcorleone

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Florida
I called my Walmart earlier today and they said they only had 16GB wifi only and 64GB wifi/4G's. One extreme to the other. Since I'm looking for a 32GB wifi only, I passed up on going to Walnut. Too big of an investment to not get the model I want.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
WalMart has, arguably, the best inventory management systems in the USA, although I'm sure Apple Stores will have the best supply given the house advantage.

If you are faced with a local Walmart that only carries the 16gb model on launch day, its a pretty clear indicator that your local Walmart puts you in the "clueless schmuck" category and has stocked accordingly.

iMule

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
WalMart has, arguably, the best inventory management systems in the USA, although I'm sure Apple Stores will have the best supply given the house advantage.

If you are faced with a local Walmart that only carries the 16gb model on launch day, its a pretty clear indicator that your local Walmart puts you in the "clueless schmuck" category and has stocked accordingly.
So true. I second this. They can see live inventory at any other store at any given time. You wouldn't expect this at a Walmart considering half of the employees can't count past 10.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Well, as I said, I was just passing on what he said. Maybe he's wrong. I guess we'll find out in about 20 minutes.
I'm pretty sure you're alluding to it turning to midnight in your time zone so that it would be Fri, Mar 16 now. The iPad still isn't released by Apple until 8:00 AM, your local time. So, you'll find out in about 8 hours.

Papillo

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure you're alluding to it turning to midnight in your time zone so that it would be Fri, Mar 16 now. The iPad still isn't released by Apple until 8:00 AM, your local time. So, you'll find out in about 8 hours.
The Walmart I'm at definitely has more than 5. And they have all sizes and let versions. Not sure which att or verizon

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I'm surprised he even knows what's available in his store.

He wouldn't have a clue what other stores received.
It may be he can't count higher than 5.

Maybe you should test him. Ask him his name and time his response.

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just bought the 32 gb wi-fi only at Walmart. They had every size and color in wi-fi and 4G LTE.

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Thats not true. I just bought a 64GB 4G iPad from Wally. And they still have 20 more various model new iPads to sell