16gbs really be necessary if apple's releasing a new iphone next year??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bubbagumpshrimp, Jun 20, 2008.

1. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Will 16gbs really be necessary if apple will be releasing a new iphone next year. I keep reading comments from people saying that we should get the 16gb because you will have that phone for awhile... Are people thinking we will have to have this phone for 2yrs?

Im just thinking 8gb would be enough for a year but than again this is my first iphone.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're going to buy what you buy. Different folks have different needs. Some would like to keep music/movies/tv shows on their iPhones and doing so fills 8gb up fast. Some just want to use the phone and carry some music. There are a number of reasons to go with 8gb and a number to go with 16gb. The average application size may factor in.

I can't speak for anyone, but if I do upgrade from the 1st gen to the 2nd gen phone I will get the 16gb. This way I can download apps and still have space for music/movies/tv shows. I do not think I'll have the same phone for 2 years, but I may. Either way is Apple releasing another iPhone in the next 2 years? I bet they do. Does that have to factor into your buying decision now? I don't think so. Again you buy what you buy, let everyone else worry about their next phone.

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

For me, even 8 GB would be enough since I only have like 2-3 GB of music.

But I got the 16 GB just in case I wanted to put a lot of movies on there (which at some times I did).

I know I wouldn't need 32 GB of space =/.

4. yode macrumors 6502

What difference does it make? If you buy a 16gb now, you will probably fill it with 16 gb or close to it. If you don't even have 16gb of data, it's not like you will 1 year is really gonna make you gain 8gb of new data. You get what I mean?

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I was actually hoping for 32GB iPhone, but I'll settle for 16GB. I've got about 10GBs of music, so I was hoping for more room for video.

It's good to have a choice of storage and price.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

the key factor really will be the size of applications, those things can fill a drive faster than any music or movie files can.

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Well, it also depends on what apps you get.

If you're only looking for free applications, then most of them will be under 1 MB.

Course the medical applications, spore, bioshock, etc. will probably fill up faster than music (movies can be 1.5 GB from the iTunes store).